Lilly Call Tournament
Sat. & Sun. April 29 & 30 – Awards BBQ at the Chicken Coop on Sunday, April 30, 4:00 pm
4# Test Max for CROAKER – CORBINA – HALIBUT – BASS
(Note Species: Spotfin & Yellowfin Croaker Only – Bass: Kelp, Sand & Spotted)
GRAND SLAM AWARD – Largest Total Weight of all 4 Species
ENTRY FEE: $40.00 per Angler – Entries must be received by Wednesday, April 26th
TOURNAMENT HOURS: After Midnight Friday, 12:01 a.m. Saturday April 29th
Lines out 2:00 p.m. Sunday, April 30th
Fish must be weighed before 3:00 p.m. Sunday, April 30th
LIMITED TO THE FIRST 75 ANGLERS
1. 4# test line only. CIRCLE HOOKS OPTIONAL ON ALL BAIT FISH. All fishing line will be tested at weighing of fish.
2. IGFA rules apply with the following exceptions: Maximum 4’ leader allowed for Croaker and Corbina only. All other Species 15’ leader. No treble hooks with bait.
3. All anglers must have a current and valid California fishing license.
4. Fishing in Newport Bay only (straight line between the jetties). No fishing inland from Pacific Coast Highway Bridge.
5. Minimum Requirements: Bass must be 14” minimum; Halibut 23” minimum; Croaker and Corbina weight min. 1 lb.
6. Courtesy Rule: Angler hooked up has the right of way in water. Please cooperate or you will be disqualified.
7. You are not required to compete in each of the specie categories.
8. In case of a tie, first weighed fish will be the winner.
9. Please monitor Tournament Channel VHF 65
10. Must display tournament flag while at anchorage (may be picked up at the BAC)
11. Obey all Right-of Way rules, harbor regulations & boating laws, do not impede or interfere with normal flow of boat traffic.
12. Any protests shall be subject to decision of the Tournament Committee, and all Committee decisions are final.
Note: Angler can win only one place in each species category, i.e., 1 place in Bass, 1 place in Croaker, 1 place in Corbina, and/or 1 place in Halibut
Please make every effort to keep your catch alive. The Clubhouse will post the largest fish weights on a board facing the bay – please release non-qualifying catches, awards to 3rd place only. There will be a transfer net at the Clubhouse, do not hand carry fish up the ramp. Fellow Anglers: Please note the tournament will be held rain or shine – sorry no refunds! Good luck to all and have fun!
Your Entry Fee includes the Awards Banquet on Sunday April 30th at 4:00 pm at The Chicken Coop and DOOR PRIZES (winners will be drawn from entry tickets). You must be present to win.